12 October 2011

. . . Error is Created. Truth is Eternal. Error, or Creation, will be Burned up, & then, & not till then, Truth & Eternity will appear. It is Burnt Up the Moment Men cease to behold it. I assert for My Self that I do not behold the outward Creation & that to me it is hindrance & not action; it is as dirt upon my feet, No part of Me.

"What," it will be Question'd, "When the Sun rises, do you not see a round disk of fire somewhat like a Guinea?"

O no, no, I see an Innumerable company of the Heavenly host crying, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty."

I question not my Corporeal or Vegetative Eye any more than I would Question a Window concerning a Sight. I look thro' it & not with it.

-- William Blake, A Vision of the Last Judgment.


I have very little of Mr. Blake's company; he is always in Paradise.

-- Kate Blake, his wife, attrib.

No comments: